Variocage Safedog Double Crate - MAXIMUM- 1060mm wide XX long
A crash tested car crate for two dogs.
This crash tested crate is tough, and is ideally suited for two dogs.
The central divider can be adjusted or removed completely.
Approx Size :- Telescopic length:- 92cm - 116cm. Height:- 84.5cm. Width:- 106cm
But check sizes below for details of angles.
If unsure - ask us if it will fit in your car. This size rarely fits into standard cars, but often is used in a covered pick-up type of vehicle.
See ' VIDEOS, Crash Test Reports, Size Details and FAQs below.
FOR SAFETY REASONS, THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN FITTED (free of charge) AT OUR WAREHOUSE .
If you place an order, we will contact you
Or phone 01257 484200 for details
Why Buy a Variocage?
- The crates are designed to protect both the humans and the dogs in the event of a collision.
- Designed to work within the 'crumple zone' of your car.
- Flexible enough to absorb impact but strong enough to retain its shape.
- Crate is adjustable in length to suit your car - use the full available space.
- Adjustable length often means you can keep the crate even when you change cars.
- Crates ready in a few days by appointment. (free fitting)
- Original crates were tested at the TUV laboratories in Germany.
- The crates have been tested at SP - The Technical Research Institute of Sweden which has developed a new method of testing.
What's included in the price?
- Lockable doors (keys included), with a facility to add a padlock if you wish.
- Escape hatch enabling access through the passenger compartment if the tailgate can't be opened.
- Straps to secure your crate to the cargo anchor points in your vehicle.
- Divider (double crates only) so you can choose to separate your dogs.
- FREE FITTING at our showroom - by appointment. Phone 01257 484200
|Approx product weight. (kg)|
weight of product = 50.5kg
|Detail of Sizes|
Q. Will the crates fit behind the back seat of my car?
Q. I have a hatchback car which has a sill at the back - do you have a crate to fit?
Q: How were the crates tested?
Q: How quickly can I have my crate?
Q: Are the crates easy to get in and out of the car?
Q: Do the crates fold flat?
Q: Can the crates be used as an indoor crate?
Q: Why don't you send these crates flatpacked for me to erect?
Q: Do the crates bolt into the car?
Q: I'm planning to change my car during the next year, should I wait until I have the new vehicle?
Q: I'm surprised that such a small range of crates fit into pretty much any car!
Q: The crates don't look very spacious - are they big enough for dogs to travel in comfortably?
|See video of this product|
|Summarised Crash report|
|Crash Test Report|
Crash Test Report MIM Construction AB has evaluated the dog crate Variocage in car crashes from the safety aspect of both the dog and passengers. Out of a variety of crashes the rear-end collision is probably the biggest threat to passenger safety. The luggage compartment is a part of the deformation zone around the passenger compartment that protects passengers from intrusion in collisions. In a rear-end collision the rear-end is pushed forward by the intrusion caused by the hitting vehicle. Objects in the luggage compartment are then pushed forward. The amount of intrusion is limited by the stiffness of the car and the speed and energy of the hitting vehicle. A dog crate placed in the luggage compartment affects the balance of the system. If the crate is too stiff the back of the rear seats will yield and collapse in a rear-end crash.
For more than twenty years, Mim Construction AB (the manufacturers of the crate, based in Sweden) has worked with functional designs of safety details in the vehicle industry. They have documentation from hundreds of crash-tests, where their protection details are used. Mim has followed the major car-manufacturers´ use of crumple-zones.
|Main Variocage Features|