What MUST you have for your new puppy?
NEW PUPPY CHECKLIST .............
................. ESSENTIALS FOR YOUR NEW ARRIVAL.
This whole site has many things for your new puppy, but to make things even easier for you, we have drawn up a list of items which are absolutely essential for you to give your puppy a great homecoming.
Most of these are available on this site (these items marked *), but wherever you buy them from, make sure you have everything you need.
The main things you will need include:-
General Puppy Essentials.
* Formulated puppy food.
* Feeding and water bowls.
* Puppy collar/adult collar & lead.
Name tag showing puppy's name, your details, and perhaps your vet's telephone number.
* Chews and teething aids (to be used under supervision).
* Toilet training pads.
* Suitable toys.
* Training treats (check they are suitable for puppies as some are not suitable until puppies reach 6 to 12 months).
Grooming equipment - brushes, combs, towels etc.
Claw clippers and scissors.
* Shampoo especially formulated for puppies.
* A book on general puppy/dog ownership and training.
For your home and garden:-
* Puppy play pen
* Dog training crate.
* Basket/bed, bedding, crate cushions, snugglebag.
* Furniture sheets or covers.
* Outside kennel or kennel run if you are going to keep your dog outside.
For the car:-
* Dog crate
A dog travel harness or guard where a crate is not practical.
* Travel feed and water bowls.
* Blankets, covers, crate mat / lounger, Vetbeds.
* Items marked * are available on this website.