6 kg GE Holistic Health Large / Giant Adult Dry Food
The protein content is 24%, with the main protein sources being chicken, pork, salmon and egg.
Suitable for large breed dogs from 13 months of age and giant breeds from 16 months of age. Contains Prebiotics AND ProbioticsPure & Natural - chemical freeHUMAN GRADE ingredients only
- Buy 4 for £27.99 each and save 9%
- Buy 8 for £25.95 each and save 16%
Golden Eagle Holistic Large & Giant Breed Adult food is a multiprotein source diet, meaning there are several meats in the formula.
- Protein sources are chicken, pork, salmon and egg to guarantee all your dogs high protein needs.
- Fats and oils for energy and shiny coat are from high quality chicken fat, Omega-3 oils, from Salmon and linseed, specially high in EPA and DHA. These are also to support cardiovascular health, optimal eye and brain functions.
- Carbohydrate sources are wholegrain brown rice, wholegrain white rice and wholegrain oats to guarantee your dog's carbohydrate sources. Our grains are selected for their wholesome nutrients, over 60 specific nutrients in each grain. We do not use wheat, corn or soy in our formulations, as they have been blamed for all kinds of allergic reactions, also these are carbohydrate sources, we get our protein from meats.
- Fibre sources - Our main dietary fibr is beetpulp, due to its high dietary fibre contents together with tomato pomace. Our oatmeal, rice, potatoes, carrots and apple fibres fill out any caps that could be missing, bringing our total dietary fibre mix to its highest, most productive form.
- Our fruits and vegetables are all natural and selected for their holistic health benefits.
- Our special mix of nutraceuticals and MicroHealthT, BioHealthT and LactohealthT, which address the specific nutritional requirements of dogs makes Golden Eagle the most advanced natural petfood in the world.
|Where this food can help|
Healthy Nutrition for Large Breed Adult Dogs
Just like large and giant breed puppies, large and giant breed adults also need a diet that meets their specific nutritional needs. We all know that generally the larger the breed the shorter the life span. In spite of that fact, many larger dogs are living far longer than expected. Better breeding, an increased awareness of the importance of regular exercise and the value of good nutrition have all played a significant role in extending the life of our beloved pets.
There are specific considerations that should be addressed when considering a proper diet for your large or giant breed adult pet.
1. Weight gain and joint stress are two of the major concerns associated with larger dogs.
Excessive weight is an added stress on the joints of the body and can encourage the proliferation of osteoarthritis. Once the arthritis begins, the added stress of carrying extra weight for long periods of time can make the process progress much more quickly. In addition, long term obesity has also been found to increase the risk of other serious and debilitating conditions such as diabetes, pancreatitis, heart problems, spinal problems and even skin and hair coat issues.
To help with maintaining a healthy weight, Golden Eagle® Holistic Health Large Breed Adult is designed to encourage a lean body mass while providing all the necessary good calories from protein and fat that are essential for a healthy and active life style. Extra weight puts extra stress on a large frame, so it's important for your dog to feel satiated without consuming excess calories. With moderate fat, this recipe helps control energy intake, thus allowing your dog to eat enough and still maintain a healthy weight every day. For large breed dogs, their greater size means there is more muscle to support and keep strong. That why in our Golden Eagle® Holistic Health, we use 4 quality animal protein sources for increased protein.
When it comes to weight management, we must all realize that no matter what we feed our pets, if we feed too much our pets will have a weight problem. In addition we must understand that we have 100% control of what our pets eat. If we are feeding too much we must cut back or increase exercise otherwise we will be encouraging a weight problem. Never feed pets to satisfy their appetite. Always feed to maintain an ideal body mass and weight will never become a problem as long as adequate exercise is also incorporated into the pet’s life-style.
2. There is some concern that a number of dogs have a reduced ability to utilize taurine, another amino acid found to be essential for a healthy heart. To be certain adequate levels are available we have also supplemented additional levels in our diet.
3. As with all Golden Eagle® Recipes, contains all the nutrients you have come to expect in our diets. Our special recipe for the needs of large breed dogs features our Omega 3 and 6 blend with 650 mg/kg of glucosamine hydrochloride and 450 mg/kg of chondroitin sulfate. Omega 3 fatty acids are also known to be a natural anti-inflammatory and help maintain a healthy heart and proper kidney function. Natural antioxidants such as Vitamins A, E and C as well as Beta Carotenes, are also included to help eliminate free radicals and keep cells healthy.
4. It is important for large breeds to easily digest and process food. We include live, naturally-occurring micro-organisms to support digestive health and we ensure optimal nutrient absorption through our LactoHealth confirmation studies - less nutrients in the stool, means more nutrients in the body.
5. For those pet parents that want to feed their beloved pets the very best natural diet with optimum benefits, Golden Eagle™ Holistic Health is an ideal diet to encourage a long, happy and healthy life.
Wholegrain Brown rice,
Wholegrain White rice,
Refined chicken fat (preserved with vitamins),
Tomato pomace, Beet pulp,
Lucerne Salmon oil,
Chicken liver gravy,
Monosodium phosphate ,
Salt (natrox) ,
Yucca Joint care pack,
Dried apple, Cranberry
Selenium Beta Carotene L'Carnitine
Contains specially healthy natural and holistic supplementation MicroHealthT, BioHealthT and LactohealthT
|Compare this food|
Suggested feeding quantities.
Feeding amounts vary according to the breed, activity, age and environmental conditions.
Feed 1-2 times per day, making sure there is always fresh water available.